HUSKY STRONG NEWSLETTER:
Hillcrest High School, Midvale, Utah
Welcome Back Huskies! We are excited to start a new school year with you!
*In this Husky Strong, you will find information about: Key Dates, Student Registration, School Pictures, Parking Permits, Fee Waivers, Free/Reduced Lunch, Freshman Orientation, and Back to School Night*
Principals Message: Beginning of Year Events
Schedule and Events
Monday, August 1-5 & 8 -12, 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Friday, August 12, 2022, 8:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Thursday, August 18, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, August 9, 10, 11 & 12 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
School Picture Days
August 3, 10, &12, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Essential Schedule Changes Only
August 11, 2022, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Essential Schedule Changes Only
Monday, August 15, 2022, 7:45 a.m. – 2:20pm
First Day of School
September 13 & 14, 2022
School Picture Retake Day
Hillcrest Back to School Registration Procedures:
STEP 1: COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
Parents of returning or new students must complete the online application by clicking one of the following links:
If you do not have access to the online registration, please stop by Hillcrest High School August 1st – 5th or August 8th -12th between 8:30am-2pm, we will have computers available for online registration.
Registration assistance is available in English and Spanish, other languages needing assistance, please contact the Main Office, 801-826-6000.
If you need to have your Family Access password reset, please use the Forgot Your Login/Password option on the login screen or call the school the attendance office 801-826-6010.
NEW STUDENTS TO CANYONS SCHOOL DISTRICT WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS FOR REGISTRATION:Please bring all items listed below to successfully register your child:
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID (for example: work ID, passport, driver’s license)
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Custody Orders/Court Papers/Guardianship- if the child does not live with natural parents
- Proof of residency (one of the following)
- Lease or Current Mortgage statement (coupon book; closing papers if just purchased)
- Utility bill (electric, water, or cable bill – for service within the last 30 days OR connect order if just moved in)
- Property tax statement or income tax statement (current year)
- Automobile registration or insurance policy (current year/month)
- Mail from any government agency (within 30 days)
- Immunization records
- Withdrawal form and/or last report card, if transferring from another school system
STEP 2: Make an Appointment (new students or class schedule changes)
New students needing a class schedule must make an appointment with their school counselor after they have completed the online application. You may call the counseling office for an appointment (801-826-6020).
STEP 3: School Pictures
New this year! We encourage all students to get their school picture taken on August 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th from 8 am-12 pm. All students will receive their school identification card after their picture is taken. School identification cards will be needed to access school lunch, school dances, and other school-sponsored activities.
- Parking permits are available in the front office. Students will need their car’s registration and driver’s license to receive a parking permit.
- Free/reduced lunch applications can be submitted online through skyward or by submitting your form in the front office. Skyward instructions can be found HERE.
- Students who would like a locker may stop by the Attendance Office to obtain a locker number and combo. Lockers are $5 for the entire school year.
Husky Freshman Orientation
Hello Class of 2026!
We are excited that you will be attending Hillcrest High School and look forward to meeting you during Freshman Orientation on August 12th! This day is all about getting to know the school, becoming comfortable with your class schedule, and meeting your teachers, counselors, and administration. Please come prepared to have your school pictures taken.
The activities will begin at 7:45 am and finish at 12 pm. Refer to the schedule below for details. Lunch will be provided.
August 12th: Freshman Orientation Schedule
7:45– 8:30 am
Freshmen arrive at HHS and head to the COMMONS to pick up their schedule and get their school pictures taken.
Teachers, admin & counselors head to the BIG GYM to welcome the Freshmen
8:30– 8:35 am
Freshmen head to the BIG GYM to be welcomed by teachers, admin & counselors
8:35– 9:05 am
Welcome by Principal Leavitt, SBOs, and Counselors
APP: Tour of the building
11:13 am–12:00 pm
Pick up a T-shirt and have lunch
Busses Depart and Pickup
Parents- We want YOU! Join HHS PTSA and support our students, staff, and families. Do you care about your child’s education? Want to know what’s happening at school? Want to get to talk to the administration and help make important decisions? Join PTA and Join the conversation. Become a member today for $7. STUDENTS CAN JOIN TOO!!! https://hillcresthuskies.memberhub.com/store
Husky Hero awards are given each month to two students in each grade who: Make a significant effort to help others, promote school unity, or overcome obstacles and improve themselves in some way.
Do you know a Husky who should be a recognized Hero? Anyone can submit a nomination– faculty, staff, parents or other students. Nominations should be submitted by the 23rd of each month. Paper nomination forms are available in the main office.
Online submissions are at: https://forms.gle/uCwUp2A3za9WRfvg7
Husky Blankets are available! Order yours today – $75 for a super plush two-sided blanket
Have questions or comments? Email email@example.com
PTSA Executive Board
Rebecca Martin, Becca Staker, Chelsea Worth, Stacey Kratz, Kayo Robinson