School attendance is crucial to student achievement and graduation. Students who are absent/tardy to class will need to make up the time by attending and completing the requirements of attendance make-up sessions. Make-up sessions are offered in the following formats:
· Before school from 6:10 am – 7:00am, must sign up on-line
· After school from 2:35pm – 3:25pm, must sign up on-line
· Monday, Wednesday or Friday during student support time from 7:00am -7:50am, specific to teacher schedule and request. This option requires the student to make arrangement with a teacher.
Regardless of the make-up session format students must follow the following requirements to receive credit for the session:
· Students must be in the designated room on time
· Students must have a school task to complete or reading material
· Students must not use cell phones during the session
· Students must remain quiet and on task
Credit will be assigned to only those students who complete these requirements. HHS staff encourages students to make up absences/tardiness before an accumulation of 5 marks. After 5 marks students will receive an NG in the class. Upon receiving an NG a grade won’t be assigned until the NG is removed. NG’s will require multiple make-up sessions. To sign up for make-up sessions please use the link: ATTENDANCE SCHOOL.