H Town Community! What a privilege to be a part of such a great institution and culture that is Hillcrest High School. We, as well as you, are looking forward to a great school year. As parents and students, you define “great school year” as a school that is organized, supportive, student oriented, and academically focused. This is our hope and determined goal: to make a great school year happen for all students. HHS is working hard this year and beyond to be about rigor, relevance, and relationships.
In these endeavors of rigor, relevance, and relationships, we are expecting students to have an experience here at H Town that may be new to them.
- New student recognition program: “Verge Cards” introduced to students first week of school.
- Engaging note-taking strategies which involves students recording main points, questions and written summary statements of texts and discussions.
- Reading skills built from inquiry, as well as informational based texts, to increase understanding and depth of knowledge.
- Heightened expectations in all classes: Language Arts teachers will lead out through increased writing instruction and expect all students to write more. This requires students to prepare for class with reading assignments completed at home in order to demonstrate comprehension through writing. Every L. A. teacher has been allocated 38 computers for students to use for writing in the classroom.
H Town is filled with good people doing their very best. We value your realistic feedback, but also need your help and support as parents and patrons of HHS.
- September 21, Mid-terms
- September 21, 2:30 p.m. DECA Opening Social Courtyard
- September 21, 7:00 a.m. Or 2:30 p.m. Link Crew Training
- September 21, 5:00 p.m. Community Council Administrative Conference Rm
- September 22, Lunches Key to Success Visit
- September 22, 3:30 p.m. Soccer @ Murray
- September 22, 4:45 p.m. Volleyball @ Hillcrest
- September 23- 24, Music Department Mattress Sale
- September 23, 4:00 p.m. Cross country @ Nebo Invitational
- September 23, 7:00 p.m. Football @ Hillcrest
- September 26, 8:00 a.m. College Day for seniors
- September 26 -27, Parent Teacher Conferences
- September 26 -30, Homecoming Week
- September 27, 3:30 p.m. Soccer @ Hillcrest
- September 28, Region Golf @ Valley View Golf Course
- September 28, Region Tennis @ Sports Mall
- September 28, FBLA USU Aggie Invitational
- September 28, 4:00 Powder Puff Football/ Movie on the field
- September 29, 7:00 p.m. Burning of the H
- September 30, No School
- September 30, DECA Fall Leadership Conference
- September 30, 7:00 p.m. Homecoming Football game @ HHS
- October 1, 7:00 p.m. Homecoming Dance in Large Gym
HILLCREST HIGH ARENA SCHDULING BEGINS MAY 8TH - MAY15
For Skyward Tutorial help click here
Download Graduation Information
May 6: Scholarship notification to counseling office
May 23: Absolute last day for make-up/original credit work throu EHS, CVHS, or Packets completed.
May 27: Senior Panoramic picture from 1:00—2:00 PM
May 27: Yearbook Stomp 2:00 PM—6:00 PM ($5
May 28: Senior Dinner Dance 6:00 PM—9:00 PM at University of Utah Stadium Tower ($35 per person)
May 31: All NG’s must be cleared (attendance school completed)
May 31: Mandatory Graduation practice, 8:00 AM—10:30 AM, auditorium
June 1: Mandatory Graduation practice, 8:00 AM—10:30 AM, auditorium
June 1: Senior BBQ (after practice on soccer field)
June 1: Traditions Assembly
June 2: Graduation, 10:00 AM at the Maverik Center
Distracted Driving Awareness Week downloads
Argonautika: The voyage of Jason and the Argonauts
2016 Hillcrest FBLA SLC Results
Outstanding Chapter: 2nd place