In an effort to improve system practices, Hillcrest High School is conducting a Student Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey, please go to:
Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
Online Courses & Programs
USOE's website: http://www.schools.utah.gov/edonline/Students-and-Parents.aspx
CVHS Website: http://cvhs.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php/take-a-course
Baby Ads Deadline: Due December 4th 2015
Please turn in form to the main office at Hillcrest High School. Download document for more details.
Reminisce on this past school year as the Class of 2014 is sent on their way.
Theme: Send me on my way
Location: Larry Miller VIP Room, Energy Solutions Arena
When: May 31, 2014
Cost: $40 each individual, purchase from SBO's at lunch!
Hillcrest High DECA attended the Utah DECA STATE competition February 27th & 28th. Our chapter took 29 of our members by bus up to the Layton Conference Center to stay overnight for the two day competition. Every event includes a test and a case study/role play. We competed in Sports Marketing, Business Law & Ethics, Hotel & Lodging, Retail, Travel & Tourism, Human Resources, Quick Serve Restaurant, Hospitality, Restaurant & Food Services, Accounting Applications, Business Services, Marketing Communications, Entrepreneurship Innovation, & Apparel & Accessories Marketing. Some events had up to 70 entries from across the state. Some schools had up to 100 students from the chapter competing.
We took 29 students to DECA State and here are our results:
- 26/29 made it to finals
- 3/29 placed in the top 10% for their test
- 16/26 (finalists) placed in the top 10 for their event
- 5 students qualified for Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia on May 5th.
- Hari Demirev placed 1st in Business Services
- Madisen Orn placed 2nd in Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Michelle Tseung and Lindsay Joyner placed 3rd in Travel and Tourism Management
- Brianna Bernstein placed 3rd in Hotel & Lodging Management
- We also had quite a few place high, but not qualify.
- Chris Turner placed 5th in Accounting Applications (as a freshman!!!)
- Simran Saini placed 4th in Hotel & Lodging Management
- Taylor Patterson & Monika Kowalski placed 6th in Sports and Entertainment Marketing Management
- Rio Turnbull placed 6th in Retail Marketing Management
- As a chapter we were one of only several school to earn the “100 club” award for increasing our membership by 100% or more from last year.
- Our own Lindsay Joyner will be applying and running for DECA State VP of Central Region for the 2014-2015 school year. Her application will be submitted this week.
Thank you for your support and cheering on our 5 DECA members that will be competing in Atlanta, Georgia in May!!! Mrs. Symes and Mrs. Broadbent and all of Hillcrest are VERY proud of their students and all of their hard work!