HUSKY STRONG NEWSLETTER: 5/19/2022
Hillcrest High School, Midvale Utah, May 19th, 2022
***In this Husky Strong Newsletter, you will find Principals Message: End of Year Events, 2022 Summer Food Program, 2022 Summer School, Arena Schedule, Year End Book Check-In, PTSA Information, Current Events
Principals Message: End of Year Events
Seniors Schedule and Events
9th – 11 Grade Schedule and Events
|May 19 @ 6 pm Senior Awards Night||May 23 Locker cleanout starting at 10:20 am.|
|May 16-20 Seniors turn in Chromebooks||May 23 @ 11:00 am Students excused for lunch and yearbooks. This event will last until the end of school. Buses run on a regular schedule.|
|May 23 @ 8:30am Graduation Practice||May 24 Assembly Schedule: Traditions Assembly @ 9:45 am. After assembly, students return to class.|
|May 23 @ 10:30 am Senior Picture and Yearbooks||May 25 is Graduation. HHS staff will be at Graduation and traditional classes will not be held. Students will attend activities in the athletic area. Buses and lunch will run on a regular schedule.|
|May 24 @ 8:00 am Graduation Practice||May 26 is a regular schedule and school ends at 11:00 am. Buses will leave school at 11:07 am.|
|May 24 @ 9:45 am Traditions Assembly|
|May 24 @ 11:00 am Senior BBQ|
|May 25 @ 9:30 am Graduation at the Maverik Center. Seniors should arrive an hour early.|
|Grad Night @ 10 pm-5 am Dimple Dell Rec Center. See PTSA information below|
2022 Summer Food Program:
Did you know that when school is out for the summer, Canyons District students can still get school breakfast and lunch? In fact, all children 18 years and younger are eligible to receive nutritional meals free of charge through Canyons’ federally-approved Summer Food Service Program.
The 2022 Summer Food program will begin on June 1 and run through July 29. Unlike the pandemic, when sack meals were distributed curbside, these meals will be served inside school cafeterias at four, centrally-located sites. At all sites, Monday through Friday, breakfast will be served from 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- East Midvale Elementary, 6990 S. 300 East, Midvale
- Midvale Elementary, 7830 South Chapel Street, Midvale
- Sandy Elementary, 8725 S. 280 East, Sandy
- Midvalley Elementary, 217 E. 7800 South, Midvale
*There will be no meal service on July 4 and July 25 when Canyons schools close in observance of national and state holidays.
Next school year, lunch will resume to paid lunch. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch you must fill out the form on skyward before the school year starts, for instructions please see here: https://bit.ly/HHSFreeReducedLunch
Our Hillcrest Free Market will be open for students and families this summer.
Please check our website for updated hours: https://hhs.canyonsdistrict.org/family-support/
Local Food Distribution Centers
- Calvary Salt Lake: Every Thursday from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at 460 W Century Drive (4350 S) SLC, UT 84123
- St James Episcopal Church: Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month from 1-3 pm 7486 Union Park Ave, Midvale, UT 84047
- Mountain View Mobile Pantry: Monday of the 1st full week of each month, 11 am – 12 pm 300 East 8000 South, Sandy, UT 84070
- Midvale Mobile Pantry Friday of the 2nd full week from 9:30 am – 10:30 am 624 West Lennox Street (7870 South), Midvale, UT 84047
- Nueva Esperanza Pantry Wednesday 4 pm – 6 pm or until supplies last 7681 South 2200 West, West Jordan, UT 8408
For additional information about the Hillcrest Free Market please contact Elena Foley at email@example.com or 385-418-9490
2022 Summer School:
Arena Schedule Change Dates and Instructions:
HILLCREST STUDENTS AND PARENTS:
On May 13, 2022 at 8:00 am, arena scheduling will open for the 2022-2023 school year schedule class changes. It will then close at 11:59 p.m. on May 23, 2022.
If you need to make changes, refer to the directions below:
Arena Schedule Change Directions:
- Login to Skyward Family and Student access at www.skyward.canyonsdistrict.org
- Click on the “Arena Scheduling” link under the student name.
- View your current schedule by clicking the “view/print schedule” link in blue near the top of the page.
- If your schedule looks good, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you would like to make a change, plan which classes to switch before you delete a class.
- To add a class, select “Search Options” then click “Apply Filter” to locate a course by name, period, subject, or teacher.
- If there are seats available in the class you want, “Add” will appear. Click “Add” to put the class in your schedule.
- View your updated schedule again by clicking “view/print schedule.” Make sure all 8 periods have a class selected. This means if you have an “add class here” in your schedule, YOU MUST FILL THAT PERIOD WITH A CLASS – DO NOT LEAVE IT.
Year End Book Check-In:
We are coming to the end of the school year. Please pay attention to these dates. Library books and textbooks are due by the following dates.
Library books must be turned in by Monday, May 16th.
Textbooks must be turned in by Thursday, May 19th.
Seniors must check-in Chromebooks by May 18th. They should bring them to the library.
Please note: Only Seniors will turn in Chromebooks. Grades 9, 10, and 11 will keep their Chromebooks over the summer for use next year. Make sure materials are returned to the Hillcrest Library by these dates. Any unreturned materials will be charged to the student’s Skyward account. Thank you for your help.
Pops Concert/Big Band
Congratulations to our PTSA scholarship winners- Micaela Madariaga and Claire Ames. These students each received a $300 scholarship for their service to our school.
Grad Night – BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!
- Buy Tickets at https://hillcresthuskies.memberhub.com/store
- Download required WAIVERS at https://hhs.canyonsdistrict.org/ptsa/
- Sign both waivers and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Parents- WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Parental support is key to the success of this party. We rely on parents and businesses to donate PRIZES, MONEY, FOOD, SNACKS, and TIME for the party. We need parents to help that evening to staff the various activity stations in shifts. Please go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0848ACAC2DA3FD0-hhsptsa to view and sign-up for the volunteer opportunities. If you have questions please contact the volunteer coordinator Amy Wareham at 240-593-5840 or Ellen Sperry at 801-641-0901 email@example.com
End of Year Sale- Sports Water Bottle – Only $10
Get your water bottle and stay hydrated this summer! 20 oz flip top water bottle with the Husky Logo. Great end-of-year or end-of-season gift!
Buy it now at https://hillcresthuskies.memberhub.com/store