Husky Strong Newsletter
Hillcrest High School, Midvale Utah, May 12th, 2021
***In this Husky Strong Newsletter, you will find Principal’s Message: Senior Information (IMPORTANT), Arena Scheduling Changes, Senior Dinner Dance Tickets/Test to Dance, Alumni Association, PTSA News and Upcoming Events.
Senior Information (IMPORTANT)
Pending shipping arrival of yearbooks, Seniors will be the first to pick up purchased yearbooks just after graduation practice on Monday, May 24th at 10:00 AM before the Senior BBQ at 10:45 on the Gym plaza. Yearbook pickup for all other Hillcrest students who have purchased yearbooks will begin at 12:00 until 1:30. Yearbook purchases were closed on January 31, 2021. There may be minimal extras for purchase. If yearbooks do not arrive for Monday, May 24thdistribution, Tuesday, May 25th schedule will be adjusted to accommodate yearbook distribution. Please watch for announcements. All students are invited to attend the End-of-Year-Traditions Assembly in the Auditorium beginning at 1:30 PM.
Monday, May 24
- Mandatory Senior Graduation Practice: 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Senior Yearbook Pickup: 10:00 AM – 12:00 Gym foyer
- Senior BBQ: 10:45 – 12:00 PM – Gym Plaza
- All Hillcrest students Yearbook Pickup: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Gym foyer
- End-of-Year-Traditions Assembly in the Auditorium beginning at 1:30 PM
Tuesday, May 25
- See Senior Letter for details
- Possible Yearbook distribution
- Last formal day of classes
Wednesday, May 26
- Regular bus schedule and breakfast and lunch is available
- Teachers available for consultation 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Graduation 10:00 – 12:00 Old Hillcrest High Halls and Auditorium
- Activities will be provided to attending students not involved in graduation in Gyms and Fieldhouse
Thursday, May 27
- Regular bus schedule—no meals available
- Last day of school 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Please cleanout all personal items from lockers before May 26. School books should be checked in to the Media Center by May 13th. Seniors check in your Chromebooks; all other returning students may keep Chromebooks throughout the summer. Any personal items left in lockers past May 26 will be destroyed in the demolition of the old Hillcrest building.
END—OF—DAY YEARBOOK/ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE
PERIOD 1 OR 5
PERIOD 2 OR 6
PERIOD 3 OR 7
PERIOD 4 OR 8
LUNCH & YEARBOOK-ALL GRADES
Arena Scheduling Changes 2021-2022:
On May 10, 2021 at 8:00 am, arena scheduling will open for the 2021-2022 school year schedule class changes. It will then close at 11:59 p.m. on May 20, 2021.
If you need to make changes, refer to the directions below:
Arena Schedule Change Directions:
- Login to Skyward Family and Student access at www.skyward.canyonsdistrict.org
- Click on the “Arena Scheduling” link under the student name.
- View your current schedule by clicking the “view/print schedule” link in blue near the top of the page.
- If your schedule looks good, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you would like to make a change, plan which classes to switch before you delete a class.
- To add a class, select “Search Options” then click “Apply Filter” to locate a course by name, period, subject or teacher.
- If there are seats available in the class you want, “Add” will appear. Click “Add” to put the class in your schedule.
- View your updated schedule again by clicking “view/print schedule.” Make sure all 8 periods have a class selected. This means if you have an “add class here” in your schedule, YOU MUST FILL THAT PERIOD WITH A CLASS – DO NOT LEAVE IT.
We wanted to make you aware that Hillcrest will be offering online options for next year’s Seniors in English and US Government. These are options that will be taught by Hillcrest teachers and are being made available to seniors only in order to increase flexibility in their scheduling and provide additional opportunities for next school year. On a space available basis, students can select in-person or online options in these classes next year.
Senior Dinner Dance Tickets/Test to Dance:
Tickets are now on sale for Senior Dinner Dance in the main office. Tickets are $10 a student. This can be paid in the main office with cash, card or check. The deadline to buy a ticket is May 19th. So please stop by and buy a ticket ASAP.
All seniors planning on attending the senior dinner dance must be COVID tested before going to the dance. We will be testing on May 25th, at 10:30 a.m. in the main gym. To be able to test you must go online and register with the state at http://redcap.link/utah.gov-Hillcrest if you have already registered with Red Cap you do not need to register again. If you have had the vaccine, you can bring your vaccine card and you will not have to test, but can pick up the dance wristband.
for the original Hillcrest Building
Saturday, May 22, 12:00 noon to 6:00 pm
Come say goodbye to the old Hillcrest High building during an Open House hosted by the Hillcrest High Alumni Association. This is your chance to walk through the old building one last time.
**Those attending must wear masks and social distance**
At 2:00 pm we will be singing “Peace Be With You” in the auditorium with RaNae Dalgleish and Dr. Brian Bentley. Anyone interested is welcome to join in.
Be sure to check in at the Alumni Association table
to acknowledge your grad year
HHAA will be selling 6” x 8” pieces of the old gym floor, plush Husky dogs, dog tags, and rally towels. Cash, check, or credit cards accepted, no Venmo. Proceeds will go to the scholarship fund.
Hillcrest High Alumni Association – hillcrestalumni.org
Connecting the Past with the Future
Questions? Email email@example.com
***GOOD NEWS – MAY PTSA MEETING WILL BE IN PERSON!
Come join us on Thurs, May 13th at 1:00 p.m. for the last PTSA meeting of this year. We will be meeting in person in room A112 (in the main hall at the other end from the office). Please come help us plan for next year. Be sure to wear a mask and social distance. We will also be having refreshments. We hope to see you there. We are so looking forward to meeting person!
***A BIG shout out to Fiiz and Crave for helping us thank the teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week.
***HUSKY BLANKETS FOR SALE
We have new Husky blankets available this year. Blankets are 60” x 80” and made of feather-soft plush. Deluxe blankets are double-layered with the new Husky logo on the front and a repeating pattern on the back and edged with black binding. Regular blankets are a single layer with the new logo and a hemmed edge.
Deluxe blankets are $65 and Regular blankets are $55.
Blankets can be purchased online at https://hillcresthuskies.memberhub.store/ and picked up in the main office or they can be purchased in the Main Office during office hours.
If you have any questions or suggestions for Hillcrest PTSA, please email us at our PTSA email
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any of us personally.
2020-2021 Hillcrest Executive Board
President – Karen Conder
President-Elect – Rebecca Martin
Secretary – Tammie Ynda
Treasurer – Geraldine Madariaga
Membership VP – Peiru Chen
Legislative VP – Becca Staker
Please refer to the HHS School Calendar below to see what events are happening this week.
You can find the school calendar by going to HHS Website at:
Once there, go to “School Info” drop down menu and select “School Calendar”. It will then open our school calendar.
- Our new school website also provides translation services. When you access the website, at the top right, you will see a translate button. Please click that button and select the language you would like to translate to. This will translate all website information into the language selected.
Connect with us here!
Official Hillcrest High School
Facebook: Official Hillcrest High School
YouTube: Official Hillcrest High School
Official Hillcrest SBO
YouTube: Hillcrest SBO