Husky Strong Newsletter
Hillcrest High School, Midvale Utah, April 29th, 2021
***In this Husky Strong Newsletter, you will find Principal’s Message: Senior Letter, AP Exam: Important Information, Hillcrest High Alumni Association Scholarships, PTSA News and Upcoming Events.
Dear Graduating Senior and Parents,
Congratulations! Graduation is approaching and Hillcrest is proud of all you have achieved in high school.
Due to COVID restrictions, the Class of 2021 Graduation ceremony will be divided into two parts. Part one is for graduates only from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on May 25 in the HHS auditorium where graduates will listen to student and administrative speeches. Part two is for graduates and families on May 26th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Families will be able to witness their student walk across the HHS auditorium stage, have their name read as an official graduate and take pictures as they receive their diploma. . All events on the 25th and 26th will be livestreamed so all can participate. On May 18th seniors will be able to use Signup Genius to reserve a time that works best for them, friends and family to attend the diploma ceremony. We encourage graduates to sign up for similar times with fellow graduates so you all can be in the auditorium with your families at the same time.
The Class of 2021 has the distinct honor of being the last group of students recognized in this building before we move into our new school!
See reverse side for important Senior dates. Please note information below:
- Only seniors who have completed all minimum graduation requirements may participate in graduation ceremonies. Please remember to pay your office/media fines before leaving Hillcrest. NG’s with credit behind them that are required for graduation must be made up through the NG policy found in attendance office or a $25.00 NG fine may be paid to the main office. If you have any questions, please contact your Assistant Principal.
- Mandatory graduation practices are on Monday, May 24, and Tuesday, May 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., in the auditorium. Students are expected to be at rehearsal ON TIME.
- Traditional cap and gown must be worn. Distribution of caps and gowns begin on April 20th during both lunches. (Must be on track to graduate to pick up cap and gown.)
- Graduating seniors are to wear “best dress” attire. Men should wear a collared shirt and tie, slacks, shoes and socks. Women should wear dresses/blouse & skirts and dress shoes. If you have special needs with dress expectations, please see your Hillcrest School Counselor or Administrator. No lei’s may be worn during graduation ceremony. Dress attire will be checked by faculty before graduation ceremony begins.
- Personal photographs with the graduates in caps and gowns should be held before the ceremony or with professional photographers on a date before graduation. Gowns will be returned immediately after the ceremony. Professional photographers will take individual photographs as graduates receive their diplomas and may be purchased independently.
- This day is a very special day for all of the graduating Seniors Therefore, appropriate behavior during rehearsals and graduation is expected.
Hillcrest appreciates parents, family, and friends of the graduates as we have all worked together to get them to this celebration ceremony. Congratulations to all graduating seniors!
April 20: Cap and Gown delivery – during both lunches
(Must be on track to graduate to pick up cap and gown.)
April 26: Scholarship notification to Counseling Office
April 29: Academic Breakfast for all students receiving academic letters, 8:30 a.m., Cafeteria
May 14: Absolute last day for make-up/original credit work through CVHS, or packets completed.
All NG’s must be cleared. Seniors may pay $25.00 per NG in the Main Office or complete requirements on NG card available in the Attendance Office.
May 18: Signup Genius link to be sent out via email and Hillcrest website to sign up for Graduation Ceremony attendance.
May 19: IB Recognition Night 6:30 – 7:30
May 20: Decision Day, 12:00 p.m.
May 20: Senior Awards Night, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium, By invitation only
May 21: Yearbook Pickup, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., West side of Main building
May 24: Mandatory Graduation practice, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m., auditorium. Be on time!
May 24: Senior BBQ, East side gym entrance, 10:45 a.m.
May 24: Traditions Assembly, Auditorium, 1:30 – 2:25 p.m.
May 25: Mandatory Graduation practice, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m., auditorium. Be on time!
May 25: Panoramic Senior Pictures, 10:00 a.m., Main gym
May 25: Test and Stay for Senior Dinner Dance, 10:30 – 11:45 a.m., Main gym
May 25: Graduation program, 6:00 p.m., auditorium, Seniors only! Cap and gown to be worn!
Program will be livestreamed for family viewing.
May 25: Senior Dinner Dance, 7:00 p.m., Auxillary gym. Please wear casual shoes to protect the flooring. Tickets for Senior Dinner Dance go on sale, Monday, May 3rd thru Wednesday, May 19, in the Main Office. Price is $10.00/ticket.
May 26: Graduation Ceremony, Auditorium, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Please sign up on SignUp Genius for time to enter the Auditorium! Take pictures prior to Graduation ceremony. Caps and gowns will be turned in immediately following ceremony!
AP Exams: Important Information
AP exams are right around the corner. Students should have received an email notification with the dates and times of the exams they are signed up to take. If your student is taking an AP exam this year, please have them check their email account for that information. Before exam test day, please review the terms and conditions at cb.org/apexamterms. You will be required to sign the terms and conditions prior to every exam you take. On your assigned test day, please arrive on time with at least two number two pencils, at least one pen with black or dark blue ink, and on certain exams a permissible calculator. Cell phones, smart watches, food, and mechanical pencils WILL NOT be permitted in the testing room. Questions can be directed to Sherilyn.email@example.com or Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillcrest High Alumni Association Scholarships 2021
WHAT IS THIS SCHOLARSHIP? Hillcrest High Alumni Association is awarding scholarships to graduating Hillcrest seniors. These are needs-based scholarships to be used for one term of college or other vocational training.
WHAT IS THE AMOUNT TO BE AWARDED?
Award amount is to be determined by the scholarship committee.
In 2019 three $1500 scholarships were awarded.
In 2020 four $1600 scholarships were awarded.
HOW DO I APPLY? Students must fill out a short application and include a letter of reference, a photo, and a signed permission form.
WHERE DO I GET AN APPLICATION? Scholarship applications may be picked up in the Hillcrest counseling center or can be requested by emailing email@example.com or John Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO CAN APPLY: Applicants must be a Hillcrest High School graduate in 2021
WHEN IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE? Deadline to submit an application is Friday, Monday, April 26, 2021.
WHERE DO I SEND MY APPLICATION?
Email completed application and required materials to email@example.com
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTION? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillcrest High Alumni Association: Connecting the Past with the Future, established in 2018
**SPIRIT NIGHT – WED, APR. 28TH AT MOD PIZZA – 10:30 am – 10:00 pm
Come support Hillcrest at Mod Pizza in Midvale. 1148 Fort Union Blvd.
Hillcrest PTSA will receive a portion of the proceeds. Be sure to mention Hillcrest when ordering. For online orders use promo code: GR187491B
**GOOD NEWS – MAY PTSA MEETING WILL BE IN PERSON!
Thurs, May 13th at 1:00 p.m. will be the last PTSA meeting for this year and we will be meeting in person in room AT 200. Please come join us and help us plan for next year. Be sure to wear a mask and social distance. We hope to see you there. We are so looking forward to meeting person!
***HUSKY BLANKETS FOR SALE
We have new Husky blankets available this year. Blankets are 60” x 80” and made of feather-soft plush. Deluxe blankets are double-layered with the new Husky logo on the front and a repeating pattern on the back and edged with black binding. Regular blankets are a single layer with the new logo and a hemmed edge.
Deluxe blankets are $65 and Regular blankets are $55.
Blankets can be purchased online at https://hillcresthuskies.memberhub.store/ and picked up in the main office or they can be purchased in the Main Office during office hours.
If you have any questions or suggestions for Hillcrest PTSA, please email us at our PTSA email
email@example.com or contact any of us personally.
2020-2021 Hillcrest Executive Board
President – Karen Conder
President-Elect – Rebecca Martin
Secretary – Tammie Ynda
Treasurer – Geraldine Madariaga
Membership VP – Peiru Chen
Legislative VP – Becca Staker
Please refer to the HHS School Calendar below to see what events are happening this week.
You can find the school calendar by going to HHS Website at:
Once there, go to “School Info” drop down menu and select “School Calendar”. It will then open our school calendar.
- Our new school website also provides translation services. When you access the website, at the top right, you will see a translate button. Please click that button and select the language you would like to translate to. This will translate all website information into the language selected.
Connect with us here!
Official Hillcrest High School
Facebook: Official Hillcrest High School
YouTube: Official Hillcrest High School
Official Hillcrest SBO
YouTube: Hillcrest SBO