HUSKY STRONG NEWSLETTER
Hillcrest High School, Midvale Utah, January 5th , 2022
***In this Husky Strong Newsletter, you will find Principal’s Message: Friday Remote Learning, Charity Close-Out Assembly, Buying Yearbooks, Buying Yearbook Baby Ads, CTE Important Dates, Want to be an SBO?, PTSA Information, Current Events
Principals Message: Remote Learning/ Charity Close-Out Assembly
Parents/Guardians and Students,
On January 7th HHS will have a remote learning day. That Friday is a B day so students will receive instructions from their teachers on work to be done at home for B day classes. This is one of 6 remote learning days that will be announced. Please see the details below to work with teachers and how the work should be structured.
- We will provide a two-hour window of support for student learning. Our schoolwide time will be from 8:30-10:30am. Teachers will create a zoom link and provide that information to parents and students through Canvas or other skyward emails.
- Teachers will provide work for remote Fridays that can be done at home without much direction from teachers. The goal is to not cause undue stress on families.
- Teachers need to be at school from 7-3.
- A and B days will follow the current Canyons School District Calendar. This means if a remote Friday falls on an A day, students will work through their A day classes only and vice versa for B day remote learning days. This will allow us to stay on normal A/B day scheduling.
Our SBO’s worked extremely hard this year and are excited to announce their charity total from this year’s fundraiser. The charity close-out assembly will happen Friday at 1:08pm. HHS is grateful to all of our students, faculty and staff, community members and partners who have helped make this fundraiser a success.
Buy your Yearbook in the main office or Skyward for $55. Deadline January 31st.
(See Commercial Below)
Buying Yearbook Baby Ads:
Yearbook Baby Ads: First deadline January 22nd: Click on the Link for important information: Baby Ad Form
CTE Important Dates:
CTEC’s Open House is this Thursday, January 6th 4pm-8pm.
CTEC Registration opens this Friday, January 7th at 7am on their website.
Any questions come see Marcee Quirk in A137 or Kevin Wood in A141.
Want to be an SBO?:
SBO Election Meeting: Come to one of the Mandatory information meetings to learn about our new process.
Meetings: Monday January 10th @ 7:15am or 2:30pm in the Presentation Room.
Please Contact Mrs. McKay or Ms. Hurst with questions. Text 706vote to 81010 for more important updates and election information.
Husky Hero awards are given each month to two students in each grade who: Make a significant effort to help others, Promote school unity, or Overcome obstacles and improve themselves in some way.
Do you know a Husky who should be a recognized Hero? Anyone can submit a nomination– faculty, staff, parents or other students. Nominations should be submitted by the 23rd of each month. Paper nomination forms are available in the main office.
Online submissions are at: https://forms.gle/uCwUp2A3za9WRfvg7
Student Service Club
Want to do service and make Hillcrest a better place? Join our Student Service Society! Meet once a month to do small acts of service for our teachers, students and community. Service hours can count for NHS, IB, college and scholarship applications.
Sign up for Service Club today!
Do you shop online? Shop AMAZON SMILE
When you shop smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates a portion of your purchase to your chosen charity- at no cost to you!! It’s Amazon’s way of giving back.
Just click this link to select Hillcrest High PTSA Utah as your charity, and then shop at smile.amazon.com
Join PTSA and enter to win a Husky Water bottle!
The next membership drawing will be on February 4th.
Join to have your name entered in the prize drawing! Become a member today for $7 and join with other parents who care about your child’s education. The more members we have the bigger voice we have. STUDENTS CAN JOIN TOO!!!
Have questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
PTSA Executive Board
Rebecca Martin, Becca Staker, Geraldine Madariaga, Stacey Kratz, Kayo Robinson
- Please refer to the HHS School Calendar below to see what events are happening this week.
- https://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=706hillcrestndar by going to HHS Website at:
https://hhs.canyonsdistrict.org/ Once there, go to “School Info” drop down menu and select “School Calendar”. It will then open our school calendar.
- Our new school website also provides translation services. When you access the website, at the top right, you will see a translate button. Please click that button and select the language you would like to translate to. This will translate all website information into the language selected.
Official Hillcrest High School
Facebook: Official Hillcrest High School
YouTube: Official Hillcrest High School
Official Hillcrest SBO
YouTube: Hillcrest SBO
Articles & Photo Galleries